Tuesday, March 21, 2023
HomeTravel FaktChanging into the First Filipino to Journey the World at Age 77

Changing into the First Filipino to Journey the World at Age 77


How a 77 yr previous turned the primary Filipino to journey the world?

On the age of 77, Odette Aquitania Ricasa turned the primary Filipino to have the ability to journey to all 195 international locations on the planet, 193 of that are acknowledged by the United Nations, whereas the opposite 2 are non-members: the Holy sea and the State of Palestine.

Earlier than the pandemic began in 2020, she was solely 5 international locations in need of reaching her aim. These international locations are Sudan, Chad, the Central African Republic, Libya, and Iraq.

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77
Ms. Ricasa when she arrived in Iraq. Photograph from her Fb account.

Lastly, on the twenty fifth of August 2022, after being held for 2 years due to the pandemic, Ms. Ricasa achieved the aim of many vacationers – to journey to each nation on the planet! She arrived in Kurdistan, Iraq, on Thursday, making it the final nation on her record.

General, she has been to 301 international locations and territories, together with islands! Even these islands that aren’t recognized by many, together with Robinson Crusoe islands, Lakshadweep islands, Andaman Nicobar islands, and extra!

Different articles you may learn:

How It All Began

Ms. Ricasa relies in Los Angeles, California and she or he began the journey of touring the world within the yr 1980. She shared that some international locations, together with Russia, had very strict guidelines concerning tourism throughout these instances. Nonetheless, that didn’t cease her from exploring an increasing number of international locations.

Memorable Journey Experiences

Ms. Ricasa has two passports – the Philippines and the US. She primarily makes use of her US Passport, however she talked about that in some circumstances, utilizing her Philippines passport is good.

Certainly one of these circumstances goes to Africa. Each US and Philippines passport holders want a visa so as to journey to this continent, however utilizing her US passport requires extra paperwork than utilizing her Philippine passport.

When requested what have been a few of her unforgettable experiences in her greater than 40 years of touring, she stated there have been lots, however her go to to Sierra Leone and the Democratic Republic of Congo, each African international locations, are unforgettable. The stated international locations are usually not widespread locations for vacationers, and through her go to, she was alone. However because the saying goes, ‘You should do the factor which you assume you can not do.’ And he or she did; she conquered Africa and the remainder of the world!

She additionally talked about that once they arrived in Libya simply this yr, they felt like they have been VIPs as there was loads of safety escorting them. However this sort of distinctive expertise is what motivates her to journey extra.

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77

In her 4 a long time of touring, 80% of these is her touring alone, whereas the remaining 20% is a bunch tour (which she joined when she was only a newbie within the journey world)—speaking about bravery, ardour, and enthusiasm!

Extra Achievements

Ms. Ricasa is certainly journey skilled as she can be a member of the Vacationers’ Century Membership, A membership that solely permits these individuals who have been to 100 or extra international locations!

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77
Philippine World Explorers Meet Up in Kaiserslautern, Germany.

Furthermore, she’s additionally an lively member of the Philippine World Explorers journey group, and she or he heads the US West Coast chapter, doing this whereas touring.

Apart from being a traveler and the primary Filipino to journey the world, she can be an creator of 6 books, an artist, a motivational speaker, and a pianist.

She talked about that having her e book was truly not her thought. It was early 2000, and she or he was in Spain writing her journey experiences in her journal – “With all of the international locations and cities I’ve been to, it’s inconceivable for me to recollect them, that’s why I write them in my journal.”, non-verbatim assertion of Ms. Ricasa.

Her pal, who was along with her at the moment, instructed her, “Why don’t you write a e book as a substitute?” That assertion gave her the concept to put in writing a journey e book and share her experiences on the street. Her books are all obtainable on Amazon.

Ms. Odette Aquitania Ricasa’s journey expertise is without doubt one of the inspiration of many vacationers, not solely Filipinos, however foreigners as effectively.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments